Monday, May 4, 2009

Lake in the Mountains




This postcard is my interpretation of a photograph I took while on a boat tour of Lake Lure, NC. This neat little community is hidden away in the mountains of western North Carolina. Located east of Asheville, NC at highway 9 and 64/74A, this community has much appeal. Located there is the Lake Lure Inn, a very historical inn oozing with ambience. Also located on the lake is the Lodge at Lake Lure where my husband and I have stayed. The folks there really know how to make each guest feel special. Hiking is a great draw to the area. There is so much to say about this area, I could go on and on. The picture on the left is the quilted post card art quilt I made from the center of the lake and the picture on the right is the right is the photo I took. Link to the post card art quilt: http://www.sewupscale.etsy.com

No comments: