Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Drawing With Scissors

I've never considered myself to be an artist.  I can't really draw anything with a pencil or paint a picture.  But put a pair of scissors in my hand and I can make fabric come to life.  Then give me a sewing machine and it's like having a paint brush in my hand.

I make quilted fabric postcards that are either 4" by 6" or 5" by 7".  Mostly I make landscapes but also enjoy any kind of nature theme.  I can even create hstorical buildings too.   It has become my passion.  I also make landscape wall hangings but I'm not as obsessed with making them. 

Selling my postcards on Etsy is a way to be able to make more.  If you don't buy them, I can't make more.  I've already given gifts to all my friends and relatives.  What would I do with them?  They would run me out of house and home! 

Thank you to everyone who appreciates my art.  Hope to be able to bring more of these postcards to life.

No comments: