Wednesday, November 9, 2011

First Steps I Took To Healthier Living

One of the first things I did after the heart attack was change my eating habits. Your state of mind has to be that it is not a diet, it is a way of life.

Here are some of the things I changed immediately-
1.  I quit eating biscuits.  Bisquits are made with crisco and it is not good for your heart.
2.  I do not eat bacon.  Sometimes I use vegetarian bacon to flavor a recipe that calls for bacon.  Have you noticed that restaurants put bacon on everything?  Ask them to leave it off.
3.  I drastically cut the amount of cheese I eat.  If I make a recipe that calls for cheese, I use fat free cheese or low fat cheese and I carefully measure the amount I am using.  Sometimes you just don't realize how much you are eating.
4.  I eat an apple and a banana everyday.

This is a good starting point.  Stay tuned!

No comments: